The obligatory blog
In 2019 I made a mistake - I decided to rebuild my home lab. In 2022, I made the same mistake again.
My home lab isn’t the biggest or fanciest lab out there, but it has just enough idiosyncracies, and
life has caught up to me enough, that the rebuild process is a saga of each time I do it. This
wouldn’t have been the first time a rebuild turned into an RPG-level quest, but this time was
different - this time I took notes. These are those notes.
- About the lab (setup, etc)
- but why? - Why I rebuilt it, and what it used to be
- hardware & OS - What hardware I’m using, how I’ve got it set up, and any special OS configurations
- kubernetes - How I’ve got kubernetes installed
- smb - Some notes on connecting to SMB shares from inside kubernetes.
- projects (the stuff I’m doing in the lab)
- malwarETL - a kubernetes-based system to collect and analyse malicious software.
- Synthetic TI reports - Generating fake Threat Intelligence reports with Machine Learning.
- Other stuff:
- Hacker Hegemony - Thoughts from reading the Hegemony Howto, and how it
relates to the hacker world.
- MythTV on a NAS - Notes on setting up a MythTV backend on a QNAP NAS
I’m just some guy. I’ve been doing Infosec since the first .com boom, which just means I’ve watched my
401k get nuked 3 times (as of this writing…could be more by the time you read this).
I’m also this guy on Mastodon.